Saturday, May 9, 2015

Catching Up

Right now I've got the dream. I'm in an apartment I can afford, a dog that's not too shabby, a mellow yearling, loving husband....and a crazy fetus.

RJ isn't even born yet and he's driving me nuts. During the ultrasound he kept moving around so frequently and rapidly that technician was surprised...after years and years on the job. This is the complete opposite of how Tuck's 20 week examination went - he just laid still for most of the day, then kicked around at night. But RJ....this fetus has no time where he's stationary, and I'm only 22 weeks along.

Tucker is in a strange new phase where he dislikes being at home. He feels the constant urge to be out for a drive, on a walk, or just receiving new sorts of stimulation at all times. I blame RJ's influence. This fetus is transforming my little boy! But not really. Tuck's walking, more mobile, and just in that phase where he wants to explore the world. To give him a bit more to do in the house, I moved the nursery chair out of his room and bought him a camo bean-bag chair that's just a bit too big for him. He loves to jump and play on it as often as possible. Tuck hasn't begun to do anything truly bad. He doesn't climb on the sofa, play with remotes or even try to pull the DVDs off our open bookshelf anymore. Now he plays around with everything he can - including my tablet, so I've downloaded a few applications for him.

Oh, wondering why I'm calling the fetus RJ? I like those initials. RJ McKay has a nice ring to it. We're fairly certain on the name Russell Joel McKay...but we all know how that will turn out. Remember when Tucker was going to be Nickolas?

No comments:

Post a Comment