Saturday, March 1, 2014

Engaged Again

January something of 2013, I turned to David and said, "Dude, wanna get married?" It lacked preparation, any level of romance and the general idea that David was the man of the relationship. Our engagement story was one of the top three unromantic ones I'd ever heard, only topped by a certain aunt and uncle's story and my parents' story. Early on in the marriage, I asked David if he would be interested in proposing to me for our sealing, to which he happily agreed.

Knowing my Snickerdoodle, I had to set terms. "It has to be done before Nickolas is born, so you have until March 1st to have a ring on my finger." We chose to do this in September of 2013. By the time February of 2014 came around, I started getting naggy. "Are you ever going to propose?" "My ring is RIGHT THERE!" I would tell him, in the subtlest of ways. 

Last night, February 28th, he finally proposed. 

We hit our favorite spot in Rexburg to play Zeeke's favorite game - Frisbee. I was so freezing cold that my teeth were chattering and I had to use David as my own personal windbreaker. Finally I said I had enough and we could only do one more throw. David nodded and nervously started playing with something in his inner pocket. 

Zeeke came back with his Frisbee and David gave the command "all done", to which the dog promptly dropped his toy and jumped on us enthusiastically, enticing us for more play. David said, "Zeekey, is there something you want to ask the Mommy?" (We have our dog taught that David's the Daddy and I'm the Mommy.) Confused, I looked at his collar to see a new tag. On it, it said, "Will you marry "The Daddy"?
Either my man is a romantic stud or my pregnancy hormones are terribly sharp, but I started crying immediately and started to fling his arms around him, failing to notice he was already on one knee. 

"Honey, will you spend Eternity with me? YAY! Did I make you cry???" Were the exact words he said as I hugged him tight. Since it was still freezing cold we shuffled back into the car and loaded the dog up.

"You still never said yes," David pointed out as we drove away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment