Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Stork Visited

We have a kid! His name is not Nickolas. What decided this change? Everyone and their dog is named Nickolas (not to mention half the family on my mom's side). He has dark, gingery hair that matches David's perfectly. Oh, the name? He is called David Tucker McKay. If you care to know the details as to how we reached his name, here it is.

I was laying in bed a few weeks before and snapped abruptly awake. "DAVID??" I smashed his shoulder with my hand to get him to awaken. "How about the name Tucker??" Groggy, he rubbed sleep from his eyes. "Tucker David....that sounds terrible..." He wasn't yet sold. "How about David Tucker McKay? So he has the same initials as you?" David is David Terry McKay. He nodded, promised he'd think about it, then flopped back to sleep. 

We had three contenders. Nickolas David McKay, Quinton David McKay and David Tucker McKay. 

I had fully intended on picking the name Tucker, leaving David no say in the matter. As soon as I saw that our first born was a ginger...I knew it was David's right as the father and the provider of the hair color to pick between the three contenders. Both of our mothers agreed that Tucker was a dog's name. Since we're such devout dog lovers, we decided Tucker was the way to go. 

Here are some pictures! I'll be making another blog on my experience with pregnancy and delivery. I figured I'd save everyone the headache of an extra long post. 


Born 8.3 pounds and 21 inches, bigger than the nurses and my doctor had estimated (they were saying low 7 pounds). Everyone was astonished. Born at 4:23 pm.

That's Tucker's "grump" face. Whenever he's not feeding, it falls back to this. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment